POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I want to use media to render like this~~ : I want to use media to render like this~~ Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:39:24 EDT (-0400)
  I want to use media to render like this~~
From: lien0n
Date: 25 Aug 2006 00:05:00
Message: <web.44ee75ddd9d40880598059850@news.povray.org>
I used media to render my density file, the code piece is like follows:

#declare container=object{
  box {<0,0,0>, <1,1,1>
   pigment {rgbt <1,1,1,1>}
   interior {
    media {
     emission 1.
     intervals 1
     samples 5
     method 3

     density {
      density_file df3 DENSFILE interpolate 1
      color_map{
        [0  rgb<0.12*2, 0.14*2, 0.225*2>]
        [iso_value  rgb <0.6, 0.6, 0.0>]
        [1.         rgb <1.3, 1.3, 0.0>]
      }
     }
    }
   }
   hollow
  }
}

In the code, DENSFILE represents my density file. and i get the result as
shown in the right image.

But i want to get a kind of result as shown in the left image(Feldmann et
al. did it in their siggraph paper), where the pattern of their smoke looks
 clearer with the background, and the edge of smoke appears sharpish and the
transparency looks beautiful...

I want to achieve the similar effect, then what's you guys' idea??

thanks for your attention on this message!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'povray question.jpg' (23 KB)

Preview of image 'povray question.jpg'